The Red Deer Housing Authority’s mission is to provide affordable housing and subsidies to low income individuals and families with core housing needs. Its vision is to be seen as the leader in non-market and social housing in Red Deer and surrounding area.
- Compassion – Individuals have the right to be treated in a caring manner with respect.
- Fairness and Equity – Individuals should be treated on the basis of their situation without discrimination or prejudice.
- Value – We believe in the value, dignity, and uniqueness of each individual.
- Community – We are inter-dependent with each other and our environment and together can achieve a greater impact for the common good and safety of the community. We encourage the continued development of a “sense of community” among the tenants within the projects, and the community at large.
- Integrity – We believe in an open and honest approach and accountability that strengthens relationships between clients and the Red Deer Housing Authority.
In January 2012, Red Deer Housing Authority created a new partnership with The Bethany Group to manage operations on its behalf.
Board of Directors
The Red Deer Housing Authority is governed by a 7 member volunteer Board of Directors. It is essential to have a community minded well informed group of citizens on the Board who have knowledge of:
- Legal and financial matters
- Community resources
- Social and cultural sensitivities
- City/community planning
- Adult learning/education
The term of office is set for two years. They may hold two consecutive terms. The appointing committee consists of the MLA’s representing the constituencies of Red Deer north and Red Deer south, and the mayor of The City of Red Deer.